Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
You will join the COO Business Unit and will enjoy our culture of innovation, openness, discipline, simplicity, accountability, and profit mindset. An exciting opportunity to work in the ever-changing Laboratory environment. As a member of Laboratory Operations Team, for our Common Services and Infrastructure (COSI) unit you will be a part of a team whose objectives are to deliver in an environment where openness, trust and teamwork are encouraged.
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for a Linux/Cloud Administrator to support our daily duties in Nokia Laboratories. In this job, you will be responsible for:
- New installations and troubleshooting of Linux Virtual Machines hosted on our VMware, KVM and OpenStack platforms
- Installation and maintenance of physical servers and workstations
Your skills and experience
- Experience with Linux systems and Cloud / Virtualization platforms (VMware, KVM and OpenStack), advanced Linux network configuration knowledge (VLAN tagging, network bridge, bonding modes), experience with TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Practical knowledge of software stack used in OpenStack, (HAProxy/keepalived, Galera/MySQL, Apache, RabbitMQ/AMQP, Python Django) will be a plus
- Good scripting skills (i.e. Bash) and knowledge of automation software (i.e. Ansible), knowledge of GIT version control system will be a plus
- Practical knowledge of servers’ hardware and servers maintenance
It would be nice if you also had:
- Analytical approach to problem solving with min. 2-year experience in Linux Administration
- Linux / Virtualization / Cloud certifications will be a plus
- Good English language skills, written and spoken, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure.
What we offer
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Lunch card
- No dress code
- Tax break
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.