ACB Group – Design and Construct
We are an organisation with big ambitions and a strong history of growth; we are expanding in Ireland, the United Kingdom and Europe. The company is one of three in our group and deals primarily in the external envelope and structural steel solutions. We provide technical solutions within our area of expertise across cladding, rainscreen, louvres, and built up system applications.
We want to employ a highly motivated and dynamic BIM Technician to take the Building Envelope Designer position and join us and form a part of our high-performance team. Previous external envelope design experience an advantage but not required.
This position would suit an Architectural or Structural Technician / Technologist.
- Liaise with the Main Contractor, Architect and Structural Engineer during the design process
- Work with an existing team to coordinate drawings and provide quality design work to client’s specifications
- Assist PM’s with changes and additions to drawings as needed
- Represent the company in BIM meetings with clients to discuss requirements
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings & collaborative working in order to create detailed 3D models & technical drawings.
- Coordinate and manage Revit models in addition to Revit family creation and design support.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation in line with ACB’s standards.
- Create new Revit families, symbols, detail components, line styles, parameters, etc. as needed to improve efficiency of drawing production
- Finish redlines and plans for submittal drawings
- Ensure project scope is being met in line with the estimated price
- Monitor work progress, anticipate changes or issues and inform appropriate team members
- 2 or 4 year degree in Architectural Technology, Drafting or related field
- 1 year of experience in BIM/Revit role is minimum (Structural/Architectural preferred)
- Previous experience in cladding / roofing preferred
- Industry BIM certification (Revit Certified Professional, CM-BIM, etc.) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of BIM Level 2 standards.
- Experience in managing Navisworks clash detection and reporting.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Office)
- Keen eye for detail and ability to visualize and understand 3-D dimensions
- Aptitude to read, analyse, understand, and interpret design and construction documents.
- Ability to communicate professionally via phone and email with internal and external clients
- Reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic
- Employment will be on a B2B basis